Mr. Saturn sprite ♪ ROCK CANDY ♪ EB Music Studio!

Drütopia

No Day but Drü-day

• poe
  • mafia

Yes, Leo. Your song is incredible. I think it's awesome! Have you thought of making your song a medley? Like Onett, then a Battle Theme, then You Won, then a reprisal of Onett . . .

You could get really creative with medleys. Is that all you on that track?

• ∞ used ATMA>apps>HiddenPowerEmulator>HellFire . . .
• the Medical Bill went up in flames!
• (∞) “Heh . . . cool.”

Drütopia

No Day but Drü-day

• poe
  • mafia

The Giygas is off to a great start, Stevesy! My advice would be to make the transfer in the middle of the song some string of notes and chords like an explosion. And you could make the part near the end pick up the tempo gradually as the song progresses. Listen to the end-part to "Castle Oshoe" from MOTHER 3i for an example of what I'm trying to say. I would look to that song and "FAT--Guitar Arrange Plus" from Bound Together for some inspiration on where you should take that song. Happy composing

• (∞) “Heh . . . cool.”

sprite Deezlink

• rcquality

Found both my Chaos Theater Chaos versions. Here they are. One is attached, the other is at:

EDIT: Nevermind, the second one is all out of sync.

C&C please.

Drütopia

No Day but Drü-day

• poe
  • mafia

(I'll critique yours if you critique mine)

I like it. But near the end of the song, it doesn't seem to match well with the rest of the melody. I know "Chaos Theater" is supposed to sound like a tune-up, but I like your idea of making it an actual song. I can't wait to hear the rest of this song. You're going somewhere.

EDIT: Stevesesy, where the heck are you?

• (∞) “Heh . . . cool.”

sprite Deezlink

• rcquality
drutopia wrote on Mon, 23 June 2008 22:18
(I'll critique yours if you critique mine)

I like it. But near the end of the song, it doesn't seem to match well with the rest of the melody. I know "Chaos Theater" is supposed to sound like a tune-up, but I like your idea of making it an actual song. I can't wait to hear the rest of this song. You're going somewhere.

EDIT: Stevesesy, where the heck are you?

Thanks, that version was recorded about two years ago, when I just started guitar. I'm going to try and restore the other version and get it up.

Your recording is really awesome. IICR, that's one of the battle songs in mother 3, one of my favorites. I liked the vibe that was going for it, great job. Maybe make the guitar/string part more prominent?

sprite Deezlink

• rcquality

Okay, fixed all the timing issues. If it seems like there's anymore let me know:

http://h1.ripway.com/Deezlink/ChaosTheaterChaos.mp3

Just copy and paste that into the address bar. The file will should load. C&C please.

sprite slicemasterflex

does not make julienne fries

• fun
  • donor2
  • rc5
  • rcquality
  • rcstaff
  • plo
  • Invisiguy

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4SHE9J7W

This got missed last page so for your convenience-

M3 remix- Smiles and Tears (deebloo remix)

buttonbashinyerhackinandslashinactionbackintofashion

sprite Deezlink

• rcquality
slicemasterflex wrote on Tue, 24 June 2008 11:45
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4SHE9J7W

This got missed last page so for your convenience-

M3 remix- Smiles and Tears (deebloo remix)

Really like the song. The part that starts around 2:00 with the little glitchy noises is awesome.

Can you check out my song, 12th page last post?

sprite slicemasterflex

does not make julienne fries

• fun
  • donor2
  • rc5
  • rcquality
  • rcstaff
  • plo
  • Invisiguy

Yeah dude thats sick! is it me or did you have the lead and rhythm panned differently? sounding good anyway mate, had a good kinda hillbilly vibe about it.

buttonbashinyerhackinandslashinactionbackintofashion

sprite Deezlink

• rcquality
slicemasterflex wrote on Tue, 24 June 2008 17:41
Yeah dude thats sick! is it me or did you have the lead and rhythm panned differently? sounding good anyway mate, had a good kinda hillbilly vibe about it.

Yeah, I think that's what I did. During the second time it's not though.

• poe
  • EarthBound Central
  • Beary Best Friend
  • fanvatar4

Well, I decided to submit something else. I can't post final works, so I've trimmed it.

sprite Claus' Twin

I made this last night. It took me a long time, but yeah... I call it, "Giygas' Lullaby". I wanted to see if there's anything to edit in it. If this is good and should be removed, please tell me.

Octopus jars
    Ephemeral dreams
    The summer moon

• poe
    • EarthBound Central
    • Beary Best Friend
    • fanvatar4

I can't get enough of this, it's so fun. Anyway, I'm making a battle acapella, which I won't probably submit until Rock Candy 7 because I already have submitted 2 of my works :p

Attachments:

sprite Claus' Twin

Wait, if you submit to Fan Music, can the songs still be on Rock Candy?

Octopus jars
      Ephemeral dreams
      The summer moon

sprite Katon

Space Waifu

• artspot
      • plo
      • donor2
      • rc5
      • rcquality
      • poe
      • ch2
      • Who Arted 7 Wins

Oh, heck yeah, plenty of songs in Fan Music are in Rock Candy. In fact, I encourage you all to submit your pieces to fan music once they're finished, front page action is sweet.

Jonk

where is broom! BROOM ARE GONE MUST KILL DIRT &PUNCHES FLOOR*

• DINO RAMPAGE!

sorry for not keeping up with recent submissions. I have reviewed many of the recent songs, and I need to give feedback when I can. Fangamer has been keeping me busy

sprite Claus' Twin

Katon wrote on Thu, 26 June 2008 12:53
        Oh, heck yeah, plenty of songs in Fan Music are in Rock Candy. In fact, I encourage you all to submit your pieces to fan music once they're finished, front page action is sweet.
        Thanks Katon!
        Octopus jars
        Ephemeral dreams
        The summer moon

sprite Lancevol

Ok, so I don't know if this is the proper topic to make a request, and if it isn't I'm sorry. Please don't kill me or anything. I'm just politely suggesting a song from Mother 3 which I unfortunately do not know the name of because I can't read Japanese. It's song #18 in Mother 3's music player. That song is so cool, I love the bass in it. It would be awesome to see that remixed or reinterpreted. If it's already been done, I once again apologize.

(Kumatora)

Crap I spoke the human language again!

• donor4
          • Holiday Funfest 08 Winner
          • dragon
          • Invisiguy

Here is my first try at EB music if you can please comment.

I swear to shrooms I wasn’t on god!

sprite Claus' Twin

That’s pretty good, Kumatora, but it gets a little bit repetitive. Unless I missed something, which I do a lot. 3.5/5 stars, I’d say. (It’s way better than mine XP)

Octopus jars
            Ephemeral dreams
            The summer moon

Master Chicken

• rcquality

Well, I decided to give this a shot…this cover is far from done, it’s only the beginning as it is. But, I figured I might as well post the WIP.

Attachments:

Even when trapped by karma’s cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way, our seething blood will determine what will be! We’ll break through time and space, and devour all who would stop us to grab hold of our path!
            Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann!
            Just who the hell do you think we are?!

sprite Katon

Space Waifu

• artspot
            • plo
            • donor2
            • rc5
            • rcquality
            • poe
            • ch2
            • Who Arted 7 Wins

Oh wow. I love it thus far, I hope to hear the more finished versions. Like…

love. You did a fantastic job, the contrast between the glitchy technologic parts to the rock is mindblowing at a first listen.

Master Chicken

• rcquality

^Thanks very much.

Well, I think this is pretty close to the finished version. The one with the 3 is obviously closer to finished than 2.

Even when trapped by karma’s cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way, our seething blood will determine what will be! We’ll break through time and space, and devour all who would stop us to grab hold of our path!

• poe
            • EarthBound Central
            • Beary Best Friend
            • fanvatar4

Is this still alive?

Penguinguy

Weirdo Beardo

• donor4

Hey brothers
            listen up
            I got FL Studio and on top of that, the magical 8-bit plugin from YMCK.
            Now here’s the deal:
            the first thing I did, just to see what a professional song would look like on the piano roll, was take a song from the Gameboy Camera, Sample Song 01 in TRIPPY-H, the DJ software, and throw it in there. Here’s the fantastic outcome.
            http://forum-files2.fobby.net/0005/5611/gameboy_camera_sample_01.mp3

I also attached an original song I made right afterwards. Tell me what you think. I might redo some music from MOTHER, too. I’m thinking maybe Ranma’s theme or the song that plays in Club Titiboo’s attic.

PS: This is totally appropriate because Hip Tanaka wrote the music for MOTHER and GBC.

sprite Mise

• Video Game Music of the Month Participant

Penguin, anything using that Trippy H (Or whatever it was called.) is awesome. I wasted so many hours in that thing. Even if it’s not EB related, I’d enjoy to hear anything else you come up with with that.

I’m not quite done with this piece, but I’d like to hear what anyone has to say about it. I’m going to redo some small things, mix it, and add in a bit of guitar noodling towards the end where it’s only the trumpet playing. In essence, it’s a rough draft of where I intend to go with it.

Attachments:

sprite DronePod

YOU REMIXED THE TANK SONG
              Why is it my favorite song in the game is the one that only gets remixed twice?

Don’t really use this account anymore

Jonk

where is broom! BROOM ARE GONE MUST KILL DIRT &PUNCHES FLOOR*

• DINO RAMPAGE!

Sorry for letting this get stale, but here we go! (RC6 info at the bottom of this post)

Deezlink, Runaway Five Wannabe – I like it, tons of personal sounds to it, very authentic and atmospheric to the place. I would try to add more to make more of a unique song instead of a background sampling. Still quality stuff, keep me posted on the progress if you continue with it.

• Stevesesy, if you uploaded new files, please repost, I cant seem to link to the ones within the last time I commented.

• Drutopia, Weak Opposition – It’s a nice start, but needs more refinement and mastering in post-production. If you need help with anything post here for assistance and someone will likely step up and help out.

• SlicemasterflexSmiles and Tears – amzing, definitely RC, no worries!

• Claus’s Twin, Giygas’s Lulliby – I feel its too midi like and in the initials stages of music development still.

• LeonardoGolden, 8 xylophnes – nice start, I would expound on it more. elohel – Again, nice beginning, needs more. Its promising!

• (Kumatora), Mother’s Third Theater, presently too midi like. I would try to avoid this sound path. I would also try to interject sound and musical choices of your own to give it your own flavour.

Master chicken, Krakened – I really like where this is going, I know is a WIP but let me know where this is going. The guitar seams a bit muted, I would bring that up, it presently seems to be at the same even keel level. Keep it up the good work!

• PenguinGuy, let me know where you are with your new FL experiments. keep the funkiness rolling!

• Mize, you received my feedback earlier.

As for additional entries, I am hoping to have RC6 released by the end of this year. Musicians, please remember this and I should note that there is less than 20 minutes less on the RC6, and that can fill up quick. RC6 is shaping up to be quite an album!

sprite chimera the ultimate

Will there be an RC7?

[quote=1113489;Giegue:]I make epic drawings[/quote]

sprite iamohjay

• artspot
                • ebff-10-love
                • April Fool's 2012 Art Submit

There’s always another Rock Candy eventually.

sprite chimera the ultimate

Good, I still need to submit decent fanmusic, maybe Pollyanna or eight melodies, probably Smiles and tears.

[quote=1113489;Giegue:]I make epic drawings[/quote]

sprite Jonah

Can I make a request? A remix of “Fallin’ Love” (Original Mother/EB0 version, as opposed to MOTHER album version). I have only seen one remix ever of Fallin’ Love, and that’s the aforementioned MOTHER album remix, which didn’t really have a lot of resemblance to the original, IMO.

A suggestion/request (Requestion?) for those who want to do a song with vocals (Not accopella): All That I Needed Was You. The lyrics aren’t that bad, it’s just the singing (I’m referring to the MOTHER album again) that was absolutely horrendous. I have no musical talent and an awful singing voice, but I’ve always wished I could do something like that. You could have two voices (Ana and Ninten, presumably Lloyd would be playing the instruments) singing different parts (“I used to think I was so smart” could be Ana and “I used to walk the avenue” would be Ninten) and both singing the chorus. Anyways, that’s my suggestion.

May I mention how much I’ve loved the various Rock Candy songs?

The bell has rung!
                  You’re weak! You’re weak!
                  LOTUS ROOOOOOT!

(Kumatora)

• donor4
                  • dragon
                  • Invisiguy

This was begging me to be remixed

And I couldn’t say no….
                  Isn’t that great

Paradise Line-Mother

EDIT:
                  Made another song

sprite autobzooty

I’m a huge fan of the Rock Candy project, so I really wanted to submit something this time.

I have a WIP going of the Defeat music in Earthbound. It’s nowhere near complete, but I thought I’d post it here and maybe get some feedback (or at least let people know I’m working on a submission).

Is it too late to add anything to RC6?

Attachments:

If you use up your Lumpia, you can always get another one.  That's what "unlimited" means.

It’s pronounced “LOOM-pee-ah”

• fun
                    • poe
                    • fanvatar3
                    • ff
                    • rclegend
                    • ruby
                    • starmansuper
                    • fangamerHCW
                    • Logographer
                    • foppy

The quality of the string sample you have is very high quality, and I like how you shifted parts of the song into a more minor key. The booming bass line that starts around 00:40 is very dramatic and adds a lot to the song.

I think it might sound a bit better with other orchestrated instruments aside from the strings, though. Other than that, it seems like a good start! Can’t wait to hear the finished product.

lum·pi·a (lūmˈpiaˌ) n. A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

Master Chicken

• rcquality

The Kraken remix is finished. Added some sound effects in the beginning for added fun. I also EQ’d the guitar so it cuts through the mix a little better, and added some other small changes here and there.

sprite SonnyBone

• Fanart of the Week
                    • fangamerHCP
                    • rcquality
                    • rc3

For anyone that cares… I’m working on a piece using acoustic guitar, bass guitar, and keyboards.
                    Here’s the burning question… should I also use the sound of my chair breaking?

You kn0w… because it broke while recording a section of the song.
                    D’OH

And no, I’m not a Pokey. The chair was put together incorrectly. LOL
                    So as of right now… the song has a loud crash right in the middle followed by, “GAWWWD!”

Rock Candy is dangerous!!!

sprite Jonah

Any release date for RC6 yet?

The bell has rung!
                    You’re weak! You’re weak!
                    LOTUS ROOOOOOT!

sprite Jatopian

only wishes to be psychic

• dragon
                    • fanvatar1
                    Since I'm posting in this thread anyway I might as well mention that I lurve you guys so much. I think my favorite Rock Candy track is "Red Blue Sanctuary".
                    Can I make a request? A remix of "Fallin' Love" (Original Mother/EB0 version, as opposed to MOTHER album version). I have only seen one remix ever of Fallin' Love, and that's the aforementioned MOTHER album remix, which didn't really have a lot of resemblance to the original, IMO
                    There's a nice cover of the more romantic 8-bit version (with not 8-bit instruments) here.

sprite iamthewalrus

Next-level kick legger

• Writer's Badge
                    • donor2

As for additional entries, I am hoping to have RC6 released by the end of this year. Musicians, please remember this and I should note that there is less than 20 minutes less on the RC6, and that can fill up quick. RC6 is shaping up to be quite an album!

2009 is here, but it’s so lonely without a Rock Candy album

“i wish you all could be rewarded for your hats

Master Chicken

• rcquality

Here’s another song I’m working on, hopefully I can finish it in time for the album. It’s almost done, it just needs some EQing and stuff. It consists of two parts, “Zero Hour” and “Bound for Earth.”

sprite YAOMTC

• dragon

Good, I still need to submit decent fanmusic, maybe Pollyanna or eight melodies, probably Smiles and tears.

I actually came here looking for that, when I was listening to my EB SPCs and thought something like, “Hm, I don’t think Bound Together or the Rock Candy albums have had any renditions of Smiles and Tears.” So… Please do.

And Master Chicken, that track is friggin’ awesome. I can’t wait to hear the completed version.

sprite omnigiygas

• dragon

You do realize you bumped a two month old topic without any content, right?

sprite TheJorsh

• EarthBound Central
                    • AprilGroucho
                    • Game Swag
                    • EBFF 2011 Submitter
                    • Ponsesy Participation
                    • Reid is a Jinjo
                    • ZAWA RRPS Winner
                    • I believed in Smash

I wanted to post here earlier but didn’t think I should bump it,
                    but now YAOMTC did it for me! :p
                    anyway, I was wondering, would I be able to submit a song, or are there some other requirements other than the ones on the front page?

Ask Me About My Anxiety.™

sprite Katon

Space Waifu

• artspot
                    • plo
                    • donor2
                    • rc5
                    • rcquality
                    • poe
                    • ch2
                    • Who Arted 7 Wins

Yeah, this is the Rock Candy thread, it’s allowed to be bumped.

sprite kpiozero

DJ Brewster's #0 Fan <3

• !Camp Fangamer 2016 Merchboy
                    • 7UP
                    • 30 Minutes of Silence

Ya i would think that this topic needs to be stickied just so more people submit to it or something

Good luck commander!

(Kumatora)

• donor4
                    • dragon
                    • Invisiguy

I’d like to post a submission

sprite SonnyBone

• Fanart of the Week
                    • fangamerHCP
                    • rcquality
                    • rc3

Here’s a question… I’m working on a solo album right now full of video game inspired songs… covers, remakes, remixes, and original tunes.

I have a few Mother tracks lined up… would they be eligible for Rock Candy if I also release them on my solo album… or is Rock Candy only for EXCLUSIVE tracks?

Also… we can still PM the tracks, correct? I may not want to post it for the world to hear if it’s also going to be on my solo album. I’m trying to keep this baby under wraps for the most part.

ROCK CANDY NEEDS MORE LOVE.

Temmie Collector

• EBFF 2011 Submitter
                    • 2nd Strongest Mole
                    • Who Arted 13 Wins
                    • Starmen.net Art Boot Camp 2013 Single Participation
                    • M25FF Funky Award
                    • M25FF Participation Award
                    • Holiday FF 13 Category 3rd
                    • MOTHER 25th Teddy Collab
                    • smash collab
                    • SummerBound Sun Chip Participation
                    • Theoryfest First Place
                    • Snowdin2nd
                    • !!Cookie Cat
                    • !!!!Halloween Funfest '16 Winner
                    • Undertale Temmie Sees All
                    • 30th Anniversary Funfest - 2nd Place

I think they’re not exclusive because I have heard some of the Rock Candy songs in Bound Together.

Ness and Red are like cousins?
                    deviantART
                    3DS FC 0533-4006-3373

sprite SonnyBone

• Fanart of the Week
                    • fangamerHCP
                    • rcquality
                    • rc3

At this rate, the songs will be submitted for Rock Candy before my album is actually complete so I guess it’s not going to be a problem after all. Thanks for the quick response.

I want to do a great Mother 3 track for Rock Candy. Any suggestions? I have a few in mind but I find myself going back to the same songs over and over for inspiration.