Mr. Saturn sprite ♪ ROCK CANDY ♪ EB Music Studio!

If you use up your Lumpia, you can always get another one.  That's what "unlimited" means.

It’s pronounced “LOOM-pee-ah”

• fun
  • poe
  • fanvatar3
  • ff
  • rclegend
  • ruby
  • starmansuper
  • fangamerHCW
  • Logographer
  • foppy
Ooh, that sounds really nice! Really good guitar playing there. That solo part you threw into the mix reminds me a bit of Guitar Hero for some reason (good thing).

Only a couple gripes.. The looping, high-pitched triangle gets slightly annoying after awhile; if you don't want to get rid of it altogether, maybe only having them play during the 'chorus' of the song instead throughout the whole tune might fix it. The ending also seems a bit abrupt.

Also, although I really like the solo you put in, I think it can be a little cleaner.. and longer maybe? It is still really good as it is though, so I wouldn't mind if you decided not to change the solo part.

But other than those things, I think your song is really good. Very Happy
lum·pi·a (lūmˈpiaˌ) n. A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

If you use up your Lumpia, you can always get another one.  That's what "unlimited" means.

• fun
  • poe
  • fanvatar3
  • ff
  • rclegend
  • ruby
  • starmansuper
  • fangamerHCW
  • Logographer
  • foppy
Ah, yes I did think those triplets were very nice. Very Happy
lum·pi·a (lūmˈpiaˌ) n. A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

Jonk

where is broom! BROOM ARE GONE MUST KILL DIRT &PUNCHES FLOOR*

• DINO RAMPAGE!
Now that is what I call a self exploration, nice job mi5ter!

That piece is practically ready for RC5, but I would suggest refining the ending just a bit more, it ends abruptly and doesn't have the same finess the rest of the song has. Great job!

sprite MaxVdub

• rcquality
That is totally awesome. I especially love the solo. I wish I could play that well.

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
Sounds good Mi5ster! Nothing else to add!

This is for anyone. I had a little bit of a half dream last night. I thought it would be cool to make a summers song with an acordian, like a south french Italian sound (since summers is in a similar corresponding region of the world). I am thinking a cultural marketplace/seaport/ resort feel. I dunno, just an idea! Smile I just have a hankering to hear some accordian.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
  • starman
I need comments and critism for this version of the Live House. Enjoy? http://www.box.net/shared/auespadqhs

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
  • starman
Yeah it does sound wierd, it isn't like that when I play it in winamp I'll see what I can do to fix it up.

sprite LordManiMani

• plo
  • resub
  • artistorm
  • fangamerHCP
  • mafia
edit: Comment Withdrawn

Rudeness was not my intent.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
  • starman
Not at all as long as each remix is unique and hard work was put into them. It is pretty rude actually to say that because some people put alot of time into songs and you are just putting them down. Reflect on that idea for enlightment.

sprite ChrisDavis

• wallpaper
  • artspot
  • donor3
http://www.oneupstudios.com/ep_00.php
I've never seen this song on the site... Its by "The OneUps" Mustin!

Anyway... very interesting song FlyingMan... If this news is old just smack me... if I put it in the wrong topic smack me harder...

sprite Mitchell_XD

it's old news indeed since Flying Man was in Bound Together, for those who don't know it was a well known remix project for EB.

sprite MaxVdub

• rcquality
    Jonk wrote on Fri, 23 March 2007 08:17
    Sounds good Mi5ster! Nothing else to add!

This is for anyone. I had a little bit of a half dream last night. I thought it would be cool to make a summers song with an acordian, like a south french Italian sound (since summers is in a similar corresponding region of the world). I am thinking a cultural marketplace/seaport/ resort feel. I dunno, just an idea! Smile I just have a hankering to hear some accordian.

Haha, someone already beat you to the idea.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friend ID=24934958

Listen to these guys' rendition of Summers.

• fun
    • poe
    • fanvatar3
    • ff
    • rclegend
    • ruby
    • starmansuper
    • fangamerHCW
    • Logographer
    • foppy
    MaxVdub wrote on Sun, 25 March 2007 23:18
    Haha, someone already beat you to the idea.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friend ID=24934958

Listen to these guys' rendition of Summers.

Oh my, I like that a lot! But I don't think this is exactly what Jonk was aiming at. It has accordion, but it isn't exactly "French sounding." Maybe if the accordion was put as the main melody and the meter was changed to 3/4, it would sound more like it.

Don't get me wrong though. That song as well as the other songs these guys have posted is AWESOME.

Hmmm.. This sounds like a very interesting song concept, actually. I might try my hand at this when I get the chance.

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
    I dont hear an accordian. Thats a harmonica if I am correct, but there is no accordian.

And yes, I have heard that song before many times Smile

sprite MaxVdub

• rcquality
    Well, I guess it could be. The two sound really similar.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
    • starman
    No they don't lol.

sprite MaxVdub

• rcquality
    Sent you a new song via PM, Jonk.

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
    received it, its slated for RC5.

Steve, it sounds good, I like the waves but overall it's just too midi like right now. the organ in the background probably needs a better sample.

sprite slicemasterflex

does not make julienne fries

• fun
    • donor2
    • rc5
    • rcquality
    • rcstaff
    • plo
    • Invisiguy
    Easy! got a the beginnings of a drum and bass remix of the bus station theme with lyrics about the game here if you fancy checking it, its a bit muffled since i converted to mp3 but hey...

www.myspace.com/vanillaslicecrew82
    are there any MCs on here that wanna get involved??

Attachments:

buttonbashinyerhackinandslashinactionbackintofashion

sprite josh

• eb0hack
    • starman
    Hey jonk! Will PSI Rockin' Ever Be Re-Released Under The Rock Candy Label?

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
    Psi Rockin is a peculiar thing.

Psi rockin' is technically entirely different to Rock Candy yet, Rock Candy is totally related to it. Since Psi Rockin' is the actual game music, from the game, it is is a totally different beast. It lends itself to be aimed for a cease and desist more than the majority of other material on the site. If we do release or start to re-introduce PR, it will be VERY delicate, that is IF we do it.

sprite josh

• eb0hack
    • starman
    ok, i was just wondering.

• fun
    • poe
    • fanvatar3
    • ff
    • rclegend
    • ruby
    • starmansuper
    • fangamerHCW
    • Logographer
    • foppy
    slicemasterflex wrote on Thu, 26 April 2007 18:46
    Easy! got a the beginnings of a drum and bass remix of the bus station theme with lyrics about the game here if you fancy checking it, its a bit muffled since i converted to mp3 but hey...

www.myspace.com/vanillaslicecrew82
    are there any MCs on here that wanna get involved??

Oh my, I like it! A lot! The electric piano solo toward the end was groovin'. The lyrics are very fitting, too. Good job!

sprite slicemasterflex

• fun
    • donor2
    • rc5
    • rcquality
    • rcstaff
    • plo
    • Invisiguy
    *Phew!! that being my first post i was kinda worried. Cheers dude.x

sprite josh

• eb0hack
    • starman
    Hey jonk, waht about the EB0 Revamps? Are Those Releaseable?

sprite Echo

So this game Earthbound...

I hear it has.... Music in it.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/pkdavid/files/healthinsurance.mp3

I hope you guys like Bass Guitars and Percussion.

JRokujuushi

Finding overly complicated ways of saying “J64” since 2011

• poe
      • ch3
      • rclegend
      • rcstaff
      • EarthBound Central
      • Nt4rift Cellton John
      • Nt4rift 5
      • RPPA Badge #1
      • Radio PSI - 3 Years
      • ghost frog
      • Snowdin3rd
      • Mother 3 Tenth Anniversary 1st Place
      • !!!!Halloween Funfest '16 Winner
      • Hobuck Game Guessing Game 2
      • Undertale Temmie Sees All
      • !!Valentine's Funfest '17 Winners Badge
      • Video Game Music Winner 5
      • foppy
      • Video Game Music of the Month Participant x10
      NotDavid: There's a bit of clipping when the brass lead comes in. Personally, I'd reduce the reverb a little as it makes the song sound a bit 'washed out', but other than that I can't really think of anything to criticize about it.
      JSesentaYCuatro

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
      Psi Remixes and revamps will be featured in Rock Candy Featurettes.

sprite Echo

Tansunn wrote on Fri, 04 May 2007 00:43
        NotDavid: There's a bit of clipping when the brass lead comes in. Personally, I'd reduce the reverb a little as it makes the song sound a bit 'washed out', but other than that I can't really think of anything to criticize about it.

I definitely realize what you meant with the reverb. Toned it down a bit. Also worked on the bass, among with some of the Fruity Sytrus I put in there. I also toned the percussion down a bit.

• fun
        • poe
        • fanvatar3
        • ff
        • rclegend
        • ruby
        • starmansuper
        • fangamerHCW
        • Logographer
        • foppy
        Hmm, it doesn't stray much from the original and that's good in its own sense, but (for me and my personal tastes at least) it would be 2x as cool if you added your own flare to it like a solo or something.

Clever title, by the way. Razz

EDIT: You know, I'm surprised people aren't commenting on the busdepotblues song that was posted awhile back. It is some pretty quality stuff.

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
        Concerning Bus Depot blues, the lyrics are awesome and the beat is non-stop awesomeness. I would suggest that the intro needs a better flow in, it seems pretty abrupt and quite midi-ish.

Im going to comment on other songs that have been recently posted later.

sprite slicemasterflex

• fun
        • donor2
        • rc5
        • rcquality
        • rcstaff
        • plo
        • Invisiguy
        Cool. Im on it. x

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
        http://starmen.net/forum/badges/forumbadge_rc_quality.gif Slicemasterflex for Bus Depot Blues still work in progress, (previous notes in earlier post still needed)
        http://starmen.net/forum/badges/forumbadge_rc_quality.gif Not David for Health Insurance. Good to go for RC5.

Steve, I will PM you soon.

sprite slicemasterflex

• fun
        • donor2
        • rc5
        • rcquality
        • rcstaff
        • plo
        • Invisiguy
        KK, Intro been cut down to size and next verse has been added. The mix aint quite right yet but im not gonna get into that until ive got it arranged properly, Oh and ive had to make the quality very low so itll upload.
        Bigups!!..x

Again anyone who wants to get involved with this or some EB hip hop gimme a shout.

sprite Pumpkin

Ok, I may get shunned for this, being a newbie coming in and asking dumb questions, but are most of these recorded from the actual instruments, or is there a program being used to compose the songs altogether?

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
          both, majority of what you see here I believe is a program being used.

http://poocast.fobby.net/Avatars/abjure.png

Last one alive lock the door.

• donor2
          • fangamerHCP
          • EarthBound Central
          So whats the status of RC3? Any idea when its going to come out? I've been listening to RC2 lately and I can't wait for RC3's release.
          When on your way out
          Be sure that you say goodbye
          Then lock the door tight.

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
          basically, RC3 is ready for release, it have been for quite a while, it is that it is waiting to be verified and properly PC tagged by one of the other RC staff. I may have to released it without the verification ensurement.

slicemasteflex, go ahead and send me a final copy of that, it sounds of pure awesome! RC5 guarenteed!

sprite josh

• eb0hack
          • starman
          here are 2 songs i made. i sent the other 2 (Deep Darkness Remixs) to jonk directely. i hope they are worthy of being on rock candy.

JRokujuushi

Finding overly complicated ways of saying “J64” since 2011

• poe
          • ch3
          • rclegend
          • rcstaff
          • EarthBound Central
          • Nt4rift Cellton John
          • Nt4rift 5
          • RPPA Badge #1
          • Radio PSI - 3 Years
          • ghost frog
          • Snowdin3rd
          • Mother 3 Tenth Anniversary 1st Place
          • !!!!Halloween Funfest '16 Winner
          • Hobuck Game Guessing Game 2
          • Undertale Temmie Sees All
          • !!Valentine's Funfest '17 Winners Badge
          • Video Game Music Winner 5
          • foppy
          • Video Game Music of the Month Participant x10
          It sounds like you took the original songs and ran them through some sort of filter. And in the case of Bein' Friends you slowed it down a bit. Anybody can do that, and I'm sorry to say most of the stuff that ends up on RC takes a bit more effort than that to make.
          JSesentaYCuatro

sprite josh

• eb0hack
          • starman
          Crap, ok i'll try better.

sprite slicemasterflex

• fun
          • donor2
          • rc5
          • rcquality
          • rcstaff
          • plo
          • Invisiguy
          Ok bit of a dilemma regarding bus depot blues. I can put another couple of verses on to take it up to fourside but its gonna make the track about eight minutes long. Advice please.

sprite MaxVdub

• rcquality
          Do eet.

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
          go ahead and do it if you feel you can bring a nice and different touch to add to the rest to the song. Fourside is a great place to end it.

Psychomax

nice.

• fun
          • patrick
          • dragon
          • donor4
          • fanvatar1
          • mafia
          There should be a "ROCK CANDY: Sugar Packet Trick," that is like a greatest hits album.
          Thank you for taking the time to read this signature.

This signature loves you.

sprite MaxVdub

• rcquality
          Where's the acoustic guitar?

sprite G.Wicks

• donor2
          Just to let you know, Jonk... I'm working on a really good one right now. Is length an issue? I think it could end up being 6 1/2 minutes long. (Rock ballads have always held a special place in my heart.)
          Assumptions are the termites of relationships.
          ~Henry Winkler

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
          Length isnt an issue. RC5 has about 45 minutes filled of a 79 minute album capacity.

sprite G.Wicks

• donor2
          Awesome. I'll get crackin' then.
          Assumptions are the termites of relationships.
          ~Henry Winkler

sprite Echo

EDIT: Actually this song is rubbish.

Back to the drawing boards.