Mr. Saturn sprite ♪ ROCK CANDY ♪ EB Music Studio!

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
  • starman
You do live instruments and stuff and I'll do my silly little digital stuff. Also how do you check the songs you submitted to starment.net?

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
  • starman
I'm thinking of one of three ways to do this song, how do you think this version is? It is just an idea.

Attachments:

sprite bstring

• donor2
  • starman
Oh, I thought you were using live instruments too PSI.
Well, I have a drum riff I could show you, but the songs not gonna turn out as nicely as yours will. That's cool stuff.

As far as hearing songs on the site, you'll have to check the Fan Music section, but there will be an update delay.

EDIT Again- I seemed to have forgotten to post the clip. And Steve is Psychic... hehehe
Well, that’s my mamma!

sprite bstring

• donor2
  • starman
BAHHHHH!!!!
I couldn't get it finished! I didn't get any farther than the drums. Stupid life getting in the way of my EB time.

I'll finish it, yet, but I lost the battle. Nice work though, guys.
Well, that’s my mamma!

If you use up your Lumpia, you can always get another one.  That's what "unlimited" means.

It’s pronounced “LOOM-pee-ah”

• fun
  • poe
  • fanvatar3
  • ff
  • rclegend
  • ruby
  • starmansuper
  • fangamerHCW
  • Logographer
  • foppy
The drum beat was pretty good though. I could almost hear the melody played in the background just listening to the drums alone.
lum·pi·a (lūmˈpiaˌ) n. A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

Jonk

where is broom! BROOM ARE GONE MUST KILL DIRT &PUNCHES FLOOR*

• DINO RAMPAGE!
I will be reviewing all submitted songs this week and releasing additional tracks of RC2 as well.

RC3 reconstruction to include new songs as will RC4.

sprite Mitchell_XD

Still WIP so I'd like to see what you guys think :V I sent Jonk a slightly earlier version through PM, haven't heard from him yet. The main change is a drum. It was causing an ugly staticy sound near the end of the song so I fixed that.

Constructive crit is appreciated.

http://zenixstudios.com/f/robotic_reverb092.mp3

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
    For those that haven't earned badges...

http://starmen.net/forum/badges/forumbadge_rc_quality.gif mi5terdna - excellent work. Wisdom of the World of Funk A GREAT and AWESOME surf-style song view on the Wisdom of the World song. Purely Awesome! You all will love this when it debuts! Smile

http://starmen.net/forum/badges/forumbadge_rc_quality.gif bString - excellent work. Sound of Thunder Great intro, the guitar is sounding beautiful, capture the energy and elegance. Great piece! Needs work around 1:18 where I am guessing it is doing a crossfade.

http://starmen.net/forum/badges/forumbadge_rc_quality.gif Riup - excellent work. Stick Paper Sonata Graceful just like the Threed song. The string work you have is ok and will work for this song, but if you like you might want to explore a bit on that element.

http://starmen.net/forum/badges/forumbadge_rc_quality.gif JP aka NightTrap? - excellent work. Reminiscing Nice work of the tones and sense accomplished with conveying the final scene in M3.

http://starmen.net/forum/badges/forumbadge_rc_quality.gif Katon - excellent work. Fun Naming This is what I am taking about the whole vocal SFX music thing! Great work!!!

http://starmen.net/forum/badges/forumbadge_rc_quality.gif SonnyBone - excellent work. Name Yo Self! I nice Guitarremix with a good hint of vocal. Nice music piece!

http://starmen.net/forum/badges/forumbadge_rc_quality.gif NightTrap - excellent work. A Day with Pollyanna is a great remix with a great mix of sounds supporting the piano tune! Bat Fight! is also a great tune that might show up on a Rock Candy as well Wink

---------------------------------------------

For those that have badges already

Stevesesy - 16 melodies and Goodnight are good works. The majority of your music needs more exploration and feels to early in the digital music exploration based off some of the instrument samples you are using. There are some songs that are going good but they dont feel finished. BTW, dont rely heavily on the midi's hear when they deviate from the original song to much. Try to stay true to the main tune with augmentory pieces working with and around it.

xfisjmg1 - I am EarthBound is on like Donkey Kong and good to roll.

Unlimited Lumpia - Defeated Courage is definitely worthy. No probs. Zombie Circus I really want to hear that finished up (since you stated it was a WIP) because it is sounding amazerg!

Tansunn - Giygas Encountered of course is on there! Great work as usual.

The Reverend AG - Moonsided is a great song, definitely RC bound!

BenSpinSpace - Sounds of Stone is awesome. Another great track! Smile

--------------------------------------------------

For the Rest - If I did not comment on your song and would like feedback please PM me! Smile I really want to give feedback to all who want it. Very Happy

sprite Katon

Space Waifu

• artspot
    • plo
    • donor2
    • rc5
    • rcquality
    • poe
    • ch2
    • Who Arted 7 Wins
    Whoa man, I wasn't expecting anyone to care for that song. XD

I feel kinda honored, actually. I may make more as time goes on, including remaking Fun Naming. :I There's a lot of stuff about it that's bugging me, mostly volume things, and some other stuff...

sprite Pinkbull

Katon wrote on Sat, 10 March 2007 23:58
      Whoa man, I wasn't expecting anyone to care for that song. XD

I feel kinda honored, actually. I may make more as time goes on, including remaking Fun Naming. :I There's a lot of stuff about it that's bugging me, mostly volume things, and some other stuff...

Oh man, how could you have any problems with that song other than it being just a wee bit quiet? That thing rawked out loud to the max. It seriously sounds a lot better than anything I could ever muster up.

sprite Mitchell_XD

Sent my finished song! Hope you like it Jonk :v

Does anyone happen to know what key the Starman. Jr Boss is in?

Also keep up the awesome tunes guys because i'm really digging them so far

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
        Added a couple more for the badges in my most recent feedback post above (SonnyBone & NightTrap)

I also added some more accepted songs to those that already have badges.

Mitchell, the song you gave me had a nice intro with the wind up, but the beat seams a little bit slow and a little repetitive with a similar tone throughout. I think you can add a bit more robotic character and variety to the song. Its getting there, but I do not think it is there yet.

Plus, I am going over Stevesesy's song a bit more closely so there may be another on the RC roster.

sprite Mitchell_XD

Is it me or did you pick up the 2 things I wasn't quote sure of >_> and thats the beat and general song being repeatitive. I've got a busy week ahead so i'll try and revise it a bit and get a new version up soon. I'll edit this post or something when I do

sprite bstring

• donor2
          • starman
          Holy Snap!
          I never expected to get on Rock Candy so soon. Especially with my not-so-professional sound. Thanks Jon!

I'll now work hard to get that middle piece to shine. It's still off, I admit, but after working on it for a few hours, I just got fed up and left it. Now I have initiative to buckle down and do it.

Well, that’s my mamma!

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
          Rock Candy 3 & 4 have been set. RC5 begins organization. Expect some RC badge reshuffling soon. RC2 part 3 will premiere this week. RC3 part one will be have a pre-emptive post concerning the initial part 1 release.

sprite Riup

• rc4
          • rc5
          • rcquality
          its been a while sense ive been on here, and i noticed the badge

thanks =)

im honored, ill send in more =D

sprite Treasure

• plo
          • artistorm
          • walkthrough
          I wish I could send in stuff, but I have zero equipment.
          My music Last.fm
          PM me with comments about it.

sprite Fire Geno

• donor2
          • fanvatar1
          • fangamerHCP
          A huge WIP.
          Have to fix it up and add an ending.
          http://forteshadow.googlepages.com/AlongTimeAgo.mp3

sprite Rynen10K

Kicks puppies for cold, hard cash.

Awesome stuff, Stevesesy!

What program are you using to make your work?

I can't get Fruityloops to ever work, nor do I know what the heck I'm doing with it, so I'm just using a lot of sampled pieces together in ACID haha.

sprite Fire Geno

• donor2
            • fanvatar1
            • fangamerHCP
            I updated my song.
            It's in the same place.
            http://forteshadow.googlepages.com/AlongTimeAgo.mp3

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
            • starman
            I made a fun little spin on the drug store! Enjoy!

If you use up your Lumpia, you can always get another one.  That's what "unlimited" means.

• fun
            • poe
            • fanvatar3
            • ff
            • rclegend
            • ruby
            • starmansuper
            • fangamerHCW
            • Logographer
            • foppy
            I like the little blips and bloops used for the percussion there, PsiHero. Pretty funky.

Now here is an updated version of "Home of the Zombie Circus." I'm not sure if I went a little too far with the 'crowd' sounds and whatnot. Give it a listen and tell me what you think, please! Smile

http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/113258/zombiecircus-1-mp3.html
            lum·pi·a (lūmˈpiaˌ) n. A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

sprite bstring

• donor2
            • starman
            PsiHeroNess's sounds like it could also be a Mr. Saturn version. It's quirky and bouncy. Cool.

And, Ultimate Lumpia, dude! That's perfect. Really nice job on it. I like how you transitioned the last part of that middle piece that comes in at 0:20.
            Well, that’s my mamma!

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
            Lumpia!!

That sounds AMAZERNG!

Love the drum, the crowd effects in there are awesome, its practically Flawless!

The only thing I would work on is the very last part, with the big man scream after the music has stopped. I would omit that or create a more flowing ending of horror. I would reference this old song done back in the day here on the site.

Good Journey

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
            • starman
            What song should I remix next, I am at a loss : P Anyway, i think people should use box.net it is very good for music sharing.

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
            I should note that RC5 already has almost 40 minutes (around 35 minutes) of solid finalized music which is Awesome! That is pretty much half the new album already!

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
            • starman
            When are you going to make a list of the songs you put on?

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
            It will not be revealed till pretty much the album is ready to DL.

As long as people keep making good songs worthy of being recognized, Rock Candy albums will be made.

(RC6 Possibly!?!? Wink who woulda thunk?)

sprite Fire Geno

• donor2
            • fanvatar1
            • fangamerHCP
            Is my song going to be ignored?
            I need critisim.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
            • starman
            Your song is great, the strange staticness (I don't think you meant to put it in(Don't say you did, because I won't belive you))
            Anyway I like the overall feel it because it gives me the same feelign I got when I played Mother after not playing it for years.
            I hope you get what I mean, if not here is what I mean... It is a good remix, with an ambience static, especially the fade out echo into the original theme. Nice work.

• fun
            • poe
            • fanvatar3
            • ff
            • rclegend
            • ruby
            • starmansuper
            • fangamerHCW
            • Logographer
            • foppy
            Geno, it stays very true to the original and I like that. The part where the music cuts out and the original plays was very interesting, too.

However, the abrupt switch to the synthesized instruments from the mellow strings don't seem to fit the mood too well for me. The synth would sound better if the song was sped up and had a rockin' techno beat under it. But I know that isn't what you were trying to aim for. Maybe switching the synth instrument with something a little less harsh would make it feel better.

Other than that though, it seems to be coming along. Very Happy

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
            Geno, I am going to give feedback to the song submitted recently tonight. I havent had the time to put down detailed feedback. I want to make sure I lead you in the right direction. Don't worry, we dont ignore any songs! Mitchell will receive feedback as well along with other new songs. Lumpia's song just had one variation to tweak so that is why I gave her quick FB. Smile

• fun
            • poe
            • fanvatar3
            • ff
            • rclegend
            • ruby
            • starmansuper
            • fangamerHCW
            • Logographer
            • foppy
            *him ;p

Anyway, I reshuffled the moaning and groaning at the end of my song to hopefully make it sound a little better:

http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/113631/zombiecircus1a-mp3.html

sprite Fire Geno

• donor2
            • fanvatar1
            • fangamerHCP
            Sorry. Laughing
            I just was needed some criticism.
            I didn't mean to sound ticked off.

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
            Lumpia and ALL! If you want there are other remix ideas that I think you and a bunch here would be great in doing.
            • Valley Remixing
              M3 Spoiler
            • The 3-Title Melodies Song. Basically, this takes the Mother 1 melodies, Mother 2 Soundstone, and the Mother 3 Love theme all together back to back into a full overview of all three songs that have defined each game. You may need to be creative to make the tansitions in the make the tunes flow into one another.
            • Scaraba/Scarabian Desert/Pyramid I want some exotic middle-eastern remix really soaking up the sounds of the culutre and their unique instruments. Also take note the natural SFX of the wind in sand, and more.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
            • starman
            I wanna make it a duel, Steve? I just got FL a few days ago and I want to push it to the limit : P

sprite PianoMan547

Oh, yeah, like Corbin Bleu:
              Got Brain Food? On sale in Dalaam, only 800 $ dollars!

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
              • starman
              No like ''walk along the razor's edge'' Not the loser version... http://timetraveler.ytmnd.com/ Have a listen noob.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
              • starman
              When you say Valley what songs do you mean? Post the two midi's of the songs you are talking about.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
              • starman
              Sorry I was confused because I refuse to listen to M3 songs becaue I haven't played it yet. BTW Wanna make the date of our final project tommarow sometime?

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
              • starman
              I don't think a song can ever be really beaten to death ya know? As long as people are inventive it will stay alive! BTW This song is amazing!

• fun
              • poe
              • fanvatar3
              • ff
              • rclegend
              • ruby
              • starmansuper
              • fangamerHCW
              • Logographer
              • foppy
              Hmm.. Those are actually some pretty interesting remix ideas, Jonk (though I'm still waiting and hoping for an English translation of Mother 3, so I don't know about the first one you suggested). I'm especially leaning toward the 3-title melodies and the Scaraba songs, but I think I'll take a break from music-making for the time being. I need some time for my creative juices to reboot.

I'll definitely come back to those ideas once I feel up to it, though!

sprite Mitchell_XD

Sent my revised song. I might remix a Mother 3 battle theme for RC but we will see how this one goes first. I'm trying to keep clear of Pollyanna, Paula's theme, Soundstone and songs like those, they are REALLY overdone.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
                • starman
                here is my 1st version of Saturn Valley. Is the style okay/ i was going for something unique.

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
                Fire Geno: Overall, your song has good pacing, and nice tonal transitions, your songs intro is ok, a little to digital. The ending is very nice, I like the retro touch to it. The area you need to work on is when that sample hit around 14.5 seconds into the song, it does not work very well. Get a better sample for that. That is the first and foremost thing I would work on, its just WAY too digital.

Mitchell_XD: I like the SFX exploration at moments starting at 0:08. Those have potential. I hear them through out the song, I would explore that more. there is also a SFX around 1:19 that is a good piece. Overall, the song still sounds too monotone with the sample you have. It sounds like the tonal range is being limited and restricted where it sounds forced. Some of the SFX in the very beginning are nice, but they are placed right in the wrong timing and are also drowned out. The beginning might not be the best for them or that they should be a little more audible when heard in parts of the song. The transition exploration between 0:50 and 1:04 need some work. It seems there is an offbeat there and there doesnt seem to be a flowing transition that I know you are trying to pull off.

mi5terdna: The song sounds great, awesome view on this song! I love how the whole song flows. I would try to up the volume a bit on it, just a tad. One thing that I would recommend that you might want to try with this song or later renditions is that you do a little more personal exploring than the exact song. Maybe a little solo of one tune or the other, maybe the trumpet scene it there, or some sort of instrument play on some other tunes. I am not saying to tdo this for this particular tune, just and idea for future endevours. I am loving what I hear and I think you are doing great, and I think this suggestion might be another way you might be able to grow even better! Smile

Stevesesy: The sunflowers song is really nice I enjoy the ambience of the music. I would suggest that you dont use such harsh piano key strokes. They start and end very abruptly. Also to note, Steve, I really appreciate the effort and dedication that you are giving to Rock Candy and wanting to make EB music. Though, I want to tell you that you need to stop using some of the midi samples that we have here on the site, especially the Saturn ones. They are not accurate and do not sound "sound" with their original counterpart composition. The samples that you are using as well to make the sounds are coming out way to midi like and way too digital for what the song portrays. I would ask Tansunn and others for some better samples.

PsiHeroNess: I think the drug store song is really cool. Love the funky quirkyness about it! I would suggest working on it, fiddling around and see what else you can come up for that song. Do some playful experimentation. I am liking what I am hearing so far! Very Happy When it comes to the Saturn one, I would start fresh on that. sorry Smile

Unlimited Lumpia: You are good to go on the Zombie circus piece. Good work!

NOTE: When there are song suggestions, there is not "Calling it". Just do the song composition and deliver your work for all to hear. There have been multiple works of the same composition on the same album, they are just spaced apart quite strategically.

NOTE: When I say your song is good and I give you an RC quality badge, this doesnt mean that this song will go on an RC automatically unless I say it will go on an RC or I say it is "Good to go."

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
                I do want to clarify that I will tell everyone how I feel about their song by first pointing out the good points, then what needs to be worked on. Please take all of what I am saying constructively and that I am here to help out EarthBound with good music just like all of your intentions are. Do not take my words personally and feel that I am attacking you as an individual. I am critiquing your work and only the work. If I feel that there are certain methods in which you produce your work that need to be pointed out, I will make those awaree to you.

Please remember that I am trying to work to make a better quality product for the franchise of EarthBound and help diirect you as musicians to that same goal.

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
                Steve, I am sorry to be a bit ambiguous on this, but they do need some work. Listening to them again now, I still stand by needing more work done on them. I apologize, I forgot I used that phrase there, but I did use "for the most part" it wasnt sure. I am just clarifying now, I apologize for the confusion.

I will from now just state that it will or wont be on RC.

As for your work Steve, 16 melodies needs work mainly on the part prior to the piano solo. The Piano solo is great. The notes are a little harsh though like some of your other pieces. I will keep this song on hold as with goodnight as well. Goodnight needs some just needs some better samples. You have constructed them both VERY well and should be VERY proud of that. Goonight definitely needs a better sample starting at 1:27. Its coming along very well, just need better samples and insturments.

I really want to see 16 melodies, Goodnight, field of Sunflowers, along with march of the pigs. Those are my favourites and I think that you need to foucs on those. Think Quality, not quantity.

Jonk

• DINO RAMPAGE!
                I just want to say that I am REALLY enjoying RC3's new sound and feel. It is a really good album. I hope this will get out to you all soon!

RC3 has always been my favourite of the albums. It has my absolute most prized track on there, my own personal theme I would say Very Happy

Feedback on songs people snt me will be received by them tonight (via PM if sent by PM)

sprite Mitchell_XD

Ok i'm pulling out from entering. 3 reasons

1. Lack of time from now on for quite a while
                  2. I seem to have lost the FL file so if I was to do the song I would have to start from scratch
                  3. (Relates to 2) I seriously can't be bothered to remake the song.

So yeah, don't worry about me Jonk Wink I'll wait for the next oppotunity to do something music related

sprite SonnyBone

• Fanart of the Week
                  • fangamerHCP
                  • rcquality
                  • rc3
                  WHOA! I just realized I had a badge...
                  thanks for the props, Jonk!

I suddenly feel like working on some more EB music!
                  - Crashing like a stone upon my skull -