• donor5
  • artistorm
  • poe
  • fanvatar3
  • bannercontest
  • DINO RAMPAGE!
  • dillo

The resource section: CLICK CLICK

The section and this thread are currently under construction. Suggestions are welcome!

Sprites & Tiles

Spriter’s Resource
The go-to place for sprite rips. Select the game’s system on the left, then pick the first letter of it’s name on the top, click it’s picture and go to town. Simple and easy to use. (Sprite rips and tile rips found here are not formatted for use in any particular program. You’ll need to reformat them for use in your game.)

Music & Sound Effects

Flash Kit
A veritable cornucopia of sound loops and sound effects. Most are free to use in your games! (Also has some resources and tutorials for Flash development.)

VG Music
If you could fill a piñata with MIDI video game music, this is probably what you’d end up with. In other words, there’s a large number of video game MIDIs available here if MIDIs are your thing.

File Upload Websites

(Note: If you’d like to include multiple files with your game, the easiest solution is to place the files in a zip file. To do this in Windows, right click on your desktop or in a folder window, go to “New”, then select “Compressed (Zipped) Folder”, “Zip File” or similar. Name the file and drag the files you want to upload into it. Once that’s done, upload the zip file you created and people will be able to download all your game’s files in one package.)

Attach to a post
Attaching your game files to a post you make is always an option. (I don’t know what the size limit is though.) To update an attachment, edit your original post, click “View posting and formatting options” and scroll to the bottom of the page. Find your old attachment, delete it, and upload the new files.

MediaFire
Accounts are optional and free, though premium accounts are available. 200 MB maximum file size. Includes file manager. (No account required.) No ads. Small wait time to download.

RapidShare
Without an account your uploads may be downloaded 10 times and then are deleted. Accounts are free, but premium accounts are available. 200 MB maximum file size. No ads. “Slower” downloads without a paid account. ~30 second wait to download.

Image Upload Websites

(Note: To take screenshots in Windows, press the Print Screen (Prt Scr) key on your keyboard. To take a shot of the currently active window, press Alt and Print Screen. Once you’ve done that, use the paste function in your favorite image editor (Paint even) and save the resulting file. Then proceed to upload it with one of the website below.)

Attach to a post
Attaching your screenshots to a post you make is always an option. To update an attachment, edit your original post, click “View posting and formatting options” and scroll to the bottom of the page. Find your old attachment, delete it, and upload the new files.

Image Shack
Browse for your image, click upload, grab the direct link, slap that between to ! marks and you’ve got yourself an image in a post.

TinyPic
Similar deal as Image Shack, but with a shorter URL.

Image/Video Capture Tools

Cam Studio (Windows)
Cam Studio allows Windows users to record parts of their screen. The program can record both video from the screen and audio from the speakers into one video file. The recorded files can be easily uploaded to YouTube for viewing.

Game Development Tools and Websites

Game Maker (Windows, Mac version beta)
A free (limited version) easy to use Game Development tool. It’s good for beginners as it uses a simple drag and drop action design. It’s also good for more advanced users, as it features its own scripting language with a plethora of built in functions. Game Maker is extendable and there are many user created extension packs to add features not available otherwise. The Pro version costs $20 (USD) and adds more advanced features and removes the “made in Game Maker” splash screen while loading. Unrelated to the Pro version, you can also use the Yo Yo Games website to host your games and allow others to play them directly from the website.

The Game Maker Community
The forum for Game Maker users. Ask questions, get feedback on games, gather teams, download Game Maker resources and tutorials, and much more. If you need help with Game Maker this should be your first stop!

RPG Toolkit (Windows)
A free, open source toolkit for developing RPGs on the PC. The toolkit has been designed to be simple to use, yet powerful. It features its own programming language, RPG Code for added flexibility. As well as the toolkit itself, tutorials and plugins for your game can be found here.

O.H.R.RPG.C.E. (Windows)
The Official Hamster Republic Role Playing Game Construction Engine is a free, open source program that allows you to create RPGs for the PC in a similar style to the classic Final Fantasy games found on the NES and SNES. Tutorials on how to use the program, and the program itself can be found here.

GameDev.net
A one-stop-shop for your game development needs. There are articles and tutorials detailing many aspects of game development in a variety of programming languages. There is also a thriving community on the forums there where you can ask questions and get feedback on your games. (Though, do note, that this site is geared toward more advanced game development than what you’d find in Game Maker or RPG Maker.)

Stencyl Works
A nifty engine for creating games in flash. Other than being robust and easy-to-learn, the advantages are a user-friendly programming interface as well as a community dashboard built right into the program where you can download various user-generated resources right into your project with no to little tweaking required. In essence you can download several building blocks and have a playable game without having to reinvent the wheel.

Earthbound-ish Battle System for RPG Maker VX

• Odometer style HP/PP rolling.
  • No damage popups
  • Mother 3 style in-battle character sprites
  • Select enemies without a target window

Check out the older stuff for more goodies. But beware of broken links!

Also, here are some quick links to frequently used stuff.

Miscellaneous

~ Game Creators for Non-Programmers ~
A master list of programs/engines for game developers.

~ EB Fonts ~
Giegue, of the forums, has created a handful of TTFs based on EarthBound’s fonts.

~ Yamp ~
A handy audio program that can convert mp3 <→ wav files.

~ PrintKey ~
Hides in your taskbar and takes a picture of your monitor screen at the touch of a button. Perfect for snagging screen shots.

Graphics

~ Mega M3 Map Set ~
A MASSIVE set of MOTHER 3 map graphics ripped by Ranger and compiled together by earthborn.

~ EarthBound RPG Maker Media ~
A little-known website containing all sorts of MOTHER 2 graphics and sound. Ready to go in RPG Maker 2k/2003 format.

Audio

RPG Maker

~ Font Patch ~
Running this patch adds the appropriate font file to your computer, allowing messages in-game to display properly.

~ Idraw3 ~
A digital art program specifically designed to create RPG Maker graphics.

~ Caterpillar System ~
A tutorial about getting your party members to follow you around on screen.

~ RPG Maker 2003 Help File ~
The help file for RM2K3. A great place to start if you’re new to the program.

~ RPG Maker 2000 Help File ~
The help file for RM2K. A great place to start if you’re new to the program.

~ RPG Maker XP Scripts ~
A site containing many scripts.

~ 2K/2K3 → XP Converter ~
Takes graphics from a RPG Maker 2000/2003 format and makes it RPG Maker XP compatible.

Game Maker

~ Game Maker ~
The program itself. Freeware!

~ Beginner’s Guide ~
A nice place to start your GM journey.

Links needing to be fixed…
Yamp
Printkey
Font Patch
Idraw3
Caterpillar System
RPG Maker 2003 Help File
RPG Maker 2000 Help File
2K/2K3 → XP Converter

FrankFly

• starmansuper
  • artspot
  • foppy
Do you know where I can get the Orange Kid font? I looked for it on Starmen but I can't find it anywhere.

sprite psirocker

FrankFly

• starmansuper
    • artspot
    • foppy
    Thank you.

sprite handish2000

• fangamerHCP
    • dragon
    • Numbers Badge
    • EarthBound Central
    We ought to start an EB RPG Maker sprite collection. I know one was done before
    ( http://shadowx.fobby.net/psi-rpgm2k/ ) but it seems defunct... even though I still got a lot of use out of it.

Here, I'll contribute if anyone wants them: Starmen with different facings (for the first time?) modified from a set on the said site. Made for my project Cognitive Dissonance.

?t=getfile&id=39477&private=0

Attachments:

sprite P. Soup

• artspot
    • fangamerHCP
    • poe
    • hfdecay09
    • dragon
    Is there a CaterPillar system for Rpg Maker 2003.

sprite KittenEater

is not a moogle!

• Holiday Funfest 08 Winner
    • Halloween Funfest 2nd Place
    • Holiday Funfest 2012 1st Place
    • Badge Maker!
    What's the difference between RPGmaker and Gamemaker? Question

Aw, I wanted to get Gamemaker but Yoyogames want me to register into their site. Should I? Will they spam my e-mail inbox?

sprite Stonecycle

Kupo_KK wrote on Thu, 10 January 2008 19:48
      What's the difference between RPGmaker and Gamemaker? Question

Aw, I wanted to get Gamemaker but Yoyogames want me to register into their site. Should I? Will they spam my e-mail inbox?

They won't spam your box. I got it, full edition. It's useful.
      Register, is my choice, I already did.
      THIS USER WAS SAND FOR THIS COAST.

Capn Muffin

Bad Enough Dude

• fun
      • dragon
      • donor5
      • artistorm
      • poe
      • fanvatar3
      • bannercontest
      • DINO RAMPAGE!
      • dillo
      Be sure to check out the new link I added (very first link in top post).
      It's got TONS of links to programs.

sprite KittenEater

is not a moogle!

• Badge Maker!
      Stonecycle wrote on Fri, 11 January 2008 04:36

They won't spam your box. I got it, full edition. It's useful.

Thanks for letting me know, Stonecycle. Now to check it out! Surprised

Oh great. I tried to load it and it stopped 4% of the way through, and now I've got a partially-loaded, undeletable .exe on my desktop. Frown That's not normal, is it? Didn't think so.

sprite Stonecycle

What executable is it?

sprite KittenEater

is not a moogle!

• Badge Maker!
        It titled itself "gmaker.exe" If you mean which version of gamemaker, it's 7, lite version. When I tried to load it, it crashed my web browser (which actually happens a lot) and stopped loading... Frown I don't like Firefox much no more.

sprite Stonecycle

No... It's supposed to be Game_Maker on the desktop. No .exe is to be visible. Try re-installing it... WITH INTERNET EXPLORER, THIS TIME!

sprite EBPlayer1028

I just registered, downloaded, and installed Game Maker 7.0 Lite (gmaker.exe) on my XP computer. The installation completed successfully with Firefox. Have you tried downloading the installer again? It may have gotten corrupted while downloading.
            I appear out of thin air.

sprite P. Soup

• artspot
            • fangamerHCP
            • poe
            • hfdecay09
            • dragon
            This question may have already been answered but does she have Vista?

sprite KittenEater

is not a moogle!

• Badge Maker!
            Will the game maker not load/work right on a 2000? Also, good idea Stonecycle, I'll try it.

sprite Stonecycle

Not sure about a 2000, though....

sprite KittenEater

is not a moogle!

• Badge Maker!
              Yes, I downloaded it, and it's working as well! Thanks for the help, everybuddy!

sprite P. Soup

• artspot
              • fangamerHCP
              • poe
              • hfdecay09
              • dragon
              I Tried downloading the ~ 2K/2K3 -> XP Converter ~ but it didn't work Sad

Chaisu

• fanvatar3

does anyone know of a RPGXP 8Directional Caterpillar system?

Capn Muffin

Bad Enough Dude

• fun
              • dragon
              • donor5
              • artistorm
              • poe
              • fanvatar3
              • bannercontest
              • DINO RAMPAGE!
              • dillo

Try this caterpillar script. Just create a new script and copy and paste this in.

EDIT: Oh wait, 8 direction? Sorry! I'll leave this up though if anyone needs it.

TRAIN_ACTOR_TRANSPARENT_SWITCH = true TRAIN_ACTOR_TRANSPARENT_SWITCHES_INDEX = 20 # ---------------------- DOWN_LEFT = 1 DOWN_RIGHT = 3 UP_LEFT = 7 UP_RIGHT = 9 JUMP = 5 # ---------------------- class Game_Party_Actor < Game_Character # ---------------------- def initialize super() @through = true end # ---------------------- def setup(actor) if actor != nil @character_name = actor.character_name @character_hue = actor.character_hue else @character_name = "" @character_hue = 0 end @opacity = 255 @blend_type = 0 end # ---------------------- def screen_z(height = 0) if $game_player.x @x and $game_player.y @y return $game_player.screen_z(height) - 1 end super(height) end # ---------------------- def move_down(turn_enabled = true) if turn_enabled turn_down end if passable?(@x, @y, Input::DOWN) turn_down @y += 1 end end # ---------------------- def move_left(turn_enabled = true) if turn_enabled turn_left end if passable?(@x, @y, Input::LEFT) turn_left @x -= 1 end end # ---------------------- def move_right(turn_enabled = true) if turn_enabled turn_right end if passable?(@x, @y, Input::RIGHT) turn_right @x += 1 end end # ---------------------- def move_up(turn_enabled = true) if turn_enabled turn_up end if passable?(@x, @y, Input::UP) turn_up @y -= 1 end end # ---------------------- def move_lower_left unless @direction_fix @direction = (@direction Input::RIGHT ? Input::LEFT : @direction Input::UP ? Input::DOWN : @direction) end if (passable?(@x, @y, Input::DOWN) and passable?(@x, @y + 1, Input::LEFT)) or (passable?(@x, @y, Input::LEFT) and passable?(@x - 1, @y, Input::DOWN)) @x -= 1 @y += 1 end end # ---------------------- def move_lower_right unless @direction_fix @direction = (@direction Input::LEFT ? Input::RIGHT : @direction Input::UP ? Input::DOWN : @direction) end if (passable?(@x, @y, Input::DOWN) and passable?(@x, @y + 1, Input::RIGHT)) or (passable?(@x, @y, Input::RIGHT) and passable?(@x + 1, @y, Input::DOWN)) @x += 1 @y += 1 end end # ---------------------- def move_upper_left unless @direction_fix @direction = (@direction Input::RIGHT ? Input::LEFT : @direction Input::DOWN ? Input::UP : @direction) end if (passable?(@x, @y, Input::UP) and passable?(@x, @y - 1, Input::LEFT)) or (passable?(@x, @y, Input::LEFT) and passable?(@x - 1, @y, Input::UP)) @x -= 1 @y -= 1 end end # ---------------------- def move_upper_right unless @direction_fix @direction = (@direction Input::LEFT ? Input::RIGHT : @direction Input::DOWN ? Input::UP : @direction) end if (passable?(@x, @y, Input::UP) and passable?(@x, @y - 1, Input::RIGHT)) or (passable?(@x, @y, Input::RIGHT) and passable?(@x + 1, @y, Input::UP)) @x += 1 @y -= 1 end end # ---------------------- def set_move_speed(move_speed) @move_speed = move_speed end end

sprite P. Soup

• artspot
              • fangamerHCP
              • poe
              • hfdecay09
              • dragon

That won't work for RPG Maker 2003 will it?

sprite LittleMetalDrop

Gamemaker won't work with my computer; probably because I use a Mac. Any freeware stuff like this out there for Macs, or a Mac-friendly version of this program?

sprite raeta1

I need a train script for rpgmaker vx

Thank you for reading this signature. This signature loves you!

sprite copb.phoenix

Erm, I’ll PM you on this, too… I have a train script in my running set of resources that I’m working on. The link to the forum topic is in my sig, and an update was just posted today, maybe ten minutes ago. BTW, when, and if, I get this working any better, can you guys add it to the list? It’d be nice- not many people seem to care, and I’m debating on quitting it and finding something else to kill time with. (Like FFT:A2)

Thanks.

DANCE! Ranger

LEGO MANIAC

• EarthBound Central
                    • dragon
                    • Badges Badge
                    • fangamerHCP

hey muffin man i clicked the click click but it sent me to a 404 fix plzkthx

EDIT: geez these new smileys are so CUTE

President of the Loids are not Christmas Fanclub
                    Also BIFFS woo
                    also also BIFFGAME SatRoO!

sprite raeta1

does anyone know where I can get MOTHER3 like scripts that work for rpgmaker xp?

Capn Muffin

Bad Enough Dude

• fun
                      • dragon
                      • donor5
                      • artistorm
                      • poe
                      • fanvatar3
                      • bannercontest
                      • DINO RAMPAGE!
                      • dillo

Yeah with the forum move, there’s lots of things like that to be fixed. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Chaisu

• fanvatar3

Does anyone know of a good program that you can make custom sound effects with?

sprite gBev

Are either of them legal?

The EB Zero Remake and Treasure Hunting in the Woodlands
                        Yeah but I’m still banning gBev at the slightest provacation. - Falcon24

sprite gBev

Hey are they legal? Someone answer me I have to know!

Chaisu

• fanvatar3

Are what legal??

Wilhelmina Carmel

Wilhelm Scream

• dragon
                          • artspot
                          • fanvatar3
                          • Radio PSI - 1 year

I think he’sa talkin’ ’bout RPG Maker and Game Maker?

Chaisu

• fanvatar3

Oh, if that’s the case…yeah they’re legal. Whaddabout MY question?? T_T
                          “Does anyone know of a good program that you can make custom sound effects with?”
                          I needs it for Mother 4.

sprite gBev

I don’t know anything about sound effects but thanks for the answer.

sprite elemental101

• donor1
                            • Invisiguy
                            does anyone know where I can get MOTHER3 like scripts that work for rpgmaker xp?

I would like to know the same thing……but as far as I know, they have yet to be made, or released for that matter…..

sprite Rinkuchan

Does anyone have a link to the 2K to XP graphics converter? That one doesn’t work :\

sprite raeta1

For those of you making Mother3 games on rpgmaker XP (not Vx)
                                Here is a kumtaro set
                                I can do a few more as long as you can provide some pics…

Thank you for reading this signature. This signature loves you!

sprite potato

How do you install a ttf I forgot

how to delete old posts asking for a friend

sprite Jatopian

only wishes to be psychic

• dragon
                                  • fanvatar1
                                  put it in the Fonts directory

it'll install itself unless your OS is dumb

sprite ness123

how u install ttf anyway???

sprite bananaman

Vista:On the font, right click, click “install font”
                                    XP: Drag n’ drop to font directory.

sprite Cafechan

• fanvatar1

Sorry for the bump… but it seems that there are no nice, free game makers for Mac. ): I had great ideas for a game (though it’s not a fangame; if I could perfect it, I could do something for EB too…), but Flash is too awkward for me to use. I’d like a dating-sim-ish format (those who understand will understand), where it’s mostly dialogue with multiple paths/options, but I’d also like to incorporate item options (IE, you look around a house and pick up an item).

Sorry, I’m not making much sense…
                                    (Also, I tried Ren’Py, and it seems that my iMac is just a tad too old to run it. :< (10.3.9))

This joke is funny because the squirrel gets dead.
                                    Links to stuff.

sprite EBZero2008

Um does anyone know where i can get a PSI Fire Omega animation? I’ve been looking everywhere!

sprite Stararmor

Um does anyone know where i can get a PSI Fire Omega animation? I’ve been looking everywhere!

What kind of animations do you need? Because I got PSI Animations all ready to use.

Mother 2-2: The Era of Evil: EDITING STAGE!

earthborn

I need a ton of animations too…

sprite Tomonari

May I suggest under the Game Maker downloads section, when PK Starstorm is done, put his/her (does not know gender) Earthbound Game Creator program to download?

sprite PK Starstorm

him, i’m a him. And also, it would be ok if you put it there

sprite EBZero2008

Hey evryone, i was wondering where i could get that little frog sprite form Mother 3. You know the one that saves the game and handles money…

It’s the duty of the comedian to know where the line is drawn… and cross it deliberately!

sprite shafersaysmeh

whats a good free sprite creator? o_O or one that alot of people use? Im trying to get into spriteing but…im not finding anything i can do it with.