Mr. Saturn sprite Anyone ever thought to make a game taking place offplanet?

sprite handish2000

• fangamerHCP
  • dragon
  • Numbers Badge
  • EarthBound Central
Specifically, I think that something taking place between Mother 1 and 2, following Geigue/Giygas and his forces as they leave Earth after being defeated by Ninten. (You probably wouldn't play -as- him, as he'd be too powerful, but rather you would play as an abductee or perhaps a Starman.)

I'd try to make something fairly short like this, but RPGXP doesn't agree with my computer for some reason (it bluescreened on me at one point), nor do I have much experience with it - so I just thought I'd toss the idea out there for anyone who wanted to use it. Note that I haven't played M3 yet, so I'm not sure if this idea conflicts with anything... another reason why I haven't made anything. I'm waiting (and am quite excited for) the translation patch or an unlikely official release, whichever comes first.

sprite P. Soup

• artspot
  • fangamerHCP
  • poe
  • hfdecay09
  • dragon
You could use RPG Maker 2003 it's really simple.

sprite Stonecycle

OHRRPGCE would be a weird one. Justt started on it, so I can't help you there.
    THIS USER WAS SAND FOR THIS COAST.

sprite handish2000

• fangamerHCP
    • dragon
    • Numbers Badge
    • EarthBound Central
    I'd try it if I wasn't so horrible at spriting anything that animates Sad
    The program doesn't seem so bad, though, from taking a look at it.

Food_Eater

• fanvatar3
    • Game Swag
    Just because I can, I'm gonna throw in some random thoughts:

◘Buzz Buzz as a character? Doesn't have to be a main character.
    ◘The planets where the Starmen, Mooks, and maybe even the Saturns come from would make great locations.
    ◘It would also be great to know where Zeonoxite comes from.

sprite P. Soup

• artspot
    • fangamerHCP
    • poe
    • hfdecay09
    • dragon
    The mooks could be like slaves of the Starmen and you play as a mook. Or you could explain where the saturns come from.

BOOOOOOOOOZWALLED

The Messiah of Earth

• fun
    • patrick
    • ayumi
    • dragon
    • boxes
    • artistorm
    • fortytwo
    • poe
    • Fanart of the Week
    • fanvatar2
    • ch1
    • starmansuper
    • artspot
    • fangamerHCP
    • ghostofstarman
    • foppy
    • sub
    • DINO RAMPAGE!
    • SMCon 2011
    • HockeyMonkey Appeasement Decay
    • Radio PSI - 5 years
    • sexybeam
    I think that something that took place on an alien planet could be really interesting as EB fangame.

Heck, it could even take place on another populated planet that Giygas had previously "attacked" in his role as Universal Cosmic Destroyer.

As far as something occurring on the planets where the alien creatures of EB/EB0 come from, I've thought a lot about this as well. Heck, I've gone as far as to ponder what kind of ecosystems that some of the creatures such as the Mooks and Shamblers come from, and what their evolutionary history might have been like. I do think that visiting their alien homeworld could be interesting in a game.

Also, if you were to do something post-EB0/pre EB, handish2000, I wouldn't worry too much about having played Mother 3 or not: regardless of what may or may not happen in Mother 3, I'd say throw caution to the wind, and don't let not having played Mother 3 hold you back. If nothing else, given that your story's such a wide departure outside Mother 1 and 2, I have a feeling that you'd not be presenting any major problems with the continuity of things.

And as far as game engines, though I've yet to use it, if you come up with a storyline and aren't super eager to make sprites and the like, but are more keen on telling your story, then using Ren'Py may be a good way to go.

Capn Muffin

Bad Enough Dude

• fun
    • dragon
    • donor5
    • artistorm
    • poe
    • fanvatar3
    • bannercontest
    • DINO RAMPAGE!
    • dillo
    Hmmm, EarthBound: Memoirs begins on a planet inhabited by the Octobots... *cannot reveal more*

sprite handish2000

• fangamerHCP
    • dragon
    • Numbers Badge
    • EarthBound Central
    Here's an example of how bad my spriting is Embarassed and this was going off something pre-existing, too.
    Is it worth using ones this bad/how can I improve them?
    http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4121/horribleawfulsaturnlx5.png

sprite handish2000

• fangamerHCP
    • dragon
    • Numbers Badge
    • EarthBound Central
    Right, I think these enemies came out a little bit better. Check em out.
    Sheriff Bloom and Ninja Bloom
    http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/6620/ninjacowboywl3.png