Mr. Saturn sprite Earthbound Platformer?

DANCE! Ranger

LEGO MANIAC

• EarthBound Central
  • dragon
  • Badges Badge
  • fangamerHCP
Has anyone ever made one?
Cause I think it would be awesome.
President of the Loids are not Christmas Fanclub
Also BIFFS woo
also also BIFFGAME SatRoO!

Doc Aquatic

Resident Expert

• fs
  • hardtrivia1
  • donor4
  • artistorm
We must assemble an elite team of artists, programmers and deranged millionaires to create the finest Earthbound platformer ever made, which would essentially be a ripoff of Metal Slug, specifically Metal Slug 3, only with Jeff as the protagonist and some kind of dashing, yet some would say "mad", pirate tycoon with an indelible moustache and nigh-incomprehensible forum rank as the main antagonist.

Also, there are dragons!

sprite Chasmang

Ninten's #1 Clone

• fs
  • dragon
  • donor5
  • eb0hack
  • artistorm
  • walkthrough
  • halloweenff06bronze
  • starman
  • fangamerHCP
Bleh, I don't consider Metal Slug a platformer, but more of a scrolling-shooter.

Still, awesome idea. Have the Secret Arms Dealer be a playable character too!
BOLDSTATE : FFVII should embrace the ugly, weird game it has become by not taking itself as seriously as its bloated Compilation.

• Logographer
  • fangamerHCW
  • poe
  • fanvatar3
  • dragon
  • Game Swag
Darklink made a few. I can't find a good link to one though.

I've never played Metal Slug so I dunno. But I'm up for a platform-game-programming-challenge!

Doc Aquatic

Resident Expert

• fs
  • hardtrivia1
  • donor4
  • artistorm
Perhaps Metal Slug is not a platformer, but it does contain platforms. Are you trying to deny this, Mr. Ninten? Perhaps you hope to ruin my credibility so that you may steal my position as head of the High Council. Perhaps I've just ensnared you in your own tangled web of deceit. Either way, you are correct, and for this I despise you.

sprite Chasmang

Ninten's #1 Clone

• fs
  • dragon
  • donor5
  • eb0hack
  • artistorm
  • walkthrough
  • halloweenff06bronze
  • starman
  • fangamerHCP
Haha, I've been found out!

Nah, just felt like mentioning that since I've been reading up lately on video game stuff that I've taken for granted most of my life. Just last night, I was seeing how Wikipedia defines certain game genres only to find myself disagreeing with so much.

So, I decided to write my own analysis on the various genres and how they relate to each other. It's actually quite fun.
BOLDSTATE : FFVII should embrace the ugly, weird game it has become by not taking itself as seriously as its bloated Compilation.

Doc Aquatic

Resident Expert

• fs
  • hardtrivia1
  • donor4
  • artistorm
In any case, call me if you find a competent team of programmers and graphic designers and I'll hand them all the material they need.

BOOOOOOOOOZWALLED

The Messiah of Earth

• fun
  • patrick
  • ayumi
  • dragon
  • boxes
  • artistorm
  • fortytwo
  • poe
  • Fanart of the Week
  • fanvatar2
  • ch1
  • starmansuper
  • artspot
  • fangamerHCP
  • ghostofstarman
  • foppy
  • sub
  • DINO RAMPAGE!
  • SMCon 2011
  • HockeyMonkey Appeasement Decay
  • Radio PSI - 5 years
  • sexybeam
I can't remember what it was called anymore, but Asbestos Blatant had been working on an EarthBound platformer type game, and ha released a (very awesome) demo for it.

From what I've been able to gather, he's still working on EarthBound: Yowza!, which may be a platformer type game as well.

sprite Dragus

• donor2
And not only guns...

If you had a phsycic character such as Ness they could fire small projectiles quickly.

sprite skyrunner14

Space Alien

• I believed in Smash
  • Master Kraken Hunter!
  • meep
  • Buck's Birthday Badge Bonanza Bazinga
  • Sean Connery Squirrel
  • !Merch Museum
  • !Camp Fangamer 2016 Merchboy
Intresting idea, but to tell you the truth, I think a Final Fantasy Legend-style Earthbound remake would be cooler! Razz

sprite Yodude10

There was that "Mr. Saturn" one.