Mr. Saturn sprite [Game] ''EarthBound 2: The War Against Pokey'' A unique EB experience (2 videos Inside)

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
  • starman
Hello some of you may have known me from the original thread about my Earthbound Fangame. If not, I'll give you a little backround. A few months ago I decided to make an EB fangame, but I wasn't sure if I should od it as it takes alot of time. At that point I decided to submit a demo to starmen.net to see if people thought it was worth it. It seemed that some people were interested in my game, so I decided to go through with the game to it's finish. I don't have a demo now, but I will have one within a few days. If people didn't get a chance to play it, here is a youtube video of the first few minutes of the game. It gives a quick backround of the game and shows it's style. Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dkr9QD7hubA <--- Should be viewed on full screen because youtube kills quality. Also dont' mind the grammar errors I fixed all of em.

Lastly, the begining is boring, I promise there is lots of action after the begining. Maybe I'll post a battle to show whats I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMlx-FcEi6Y battle system, no pokemon are in the game! This is for demo purposes.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
  • starman
I am using RPG maker, I just have the l33t skills. ANyway, it's not too dark trust me, youtube just murders quality.

Ord 4 ever X 14

ordained 4 eva 14 times!

• donor4
  • mafia
  • Elite4WINNER
I liked it but the dialogue isn't really what I would call "Earthboundish". I mostly mean the first scene when he wakes up and is talking to his parents. It just seemed really serious for an Eartbound game. I did like though how the Spirits of the Chosen Four live on so to speak. Smile
3DS friend code: 3067 5546 6145

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
  • starman
Well to your response about the dialouge not being Earthboundish, it's not supposed to be. Not completely anyway. It is supposed to be a unique way of viewing earthbound, it is really quite different than what people would expect, but it should be that way. Anyway, I'm glad you like my idea about the chosen four.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
  • starman
I thought that part would be an epic way to end a dream sequence Razz Also I'll have another demo up soon. It will include about 2-3 hours of gameplay.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
  • starman
After a month of hard work and errors, here is the demo for EarthBound 2: The War Against Pokey. I had to cut out about 20 minutes worth of it due to some parts being too glitchy, but I hope you enjoy what I have put in. It is RMXP if anybody wanted to know. http://files.filefront.com//;7519519;/

BTW you may need to put the attached file in your system folder, it depends on your computer version! If the game crashes and says missing file you know what to do : p! Have fun!

sprite PianoMan547

Um, why does the event "What is this place? I think I'm dead..." keep repeating?

Oh, and chugg, those are Firered and Leafgreen graphics.
    Got Brain Food? On sale in Dalaam, only 800 $ dollars!

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
    • starman
    Upload is now fixed please go download it and have some fun!

BOOOOOOOOOZWALLED

The Messiah of Earth

• fun
    • patrick
    • ayumi
    • dragon
    • boxes
    • artistorm
    • fortytwo
    • poe
    • Fanart of the Week
    • fanvatar2
    • ch1
    • starmansuper
    • artspot
    • fangamerHCP
    • ghostofstarman
    • foppy
    • sub
    • DINO RAMPAGE!
    • SMCon 2011
    • HockeyMonkey Appeasement Decay
    • Radio PSI - 5 years
    • sexybeam
    Was this fixed?

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
    • starman
    Not yet I'm working on uploading it, it will be up by 9PM, sorry for the time issues I have many projects due for school as it is near the end of the year Razz

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
    • starman
    I've fixed the link please tell me if you guys have naymore problems.

BOOOOOOOOOZWALLED

The Messiah of Earth

• fun
    • patrick
    • ayumi
    • dragon
    • boxes
    • artistorm
    • fortytwo
    • poe
    • Fanart of the Week
    • fanvatar2
    • ch1
    • starmansuper
    • artspot
    • fangamerHCP
    • ghostofstarman
    • foppy
    • sub
    • DINO RAMPAGE!
    • SMCon 2011
    • Radio PSI - 5 years
    • sexybeam
    My character sprite disappears after the explosion and doesn't reappear. Invisible, I try to climb the staircase thing, but I keep getting stopped. SOMETIMES when stopped, pressing my interaction button (space) gives me a "...".

:/

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
    • starman
    DOn't download this at this moment, I made another fatal error, I'll correct it tommarow. For now I have a genetics project that outranks video games importance Razz!

Cheeseits

I’d rather die than go to heaven

• donor3
    • ruby
    • fangamerHCP
    Heh, the first demo was awesome, can't wait for the next.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
    • starman
    I'll upload the perfect bug-free demo (crosses fingers) now. Give me like 40 minutes.

Cheeseits

• donor3
    • ruby
    • fangamerHCP
    Good luck!

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
    • starman
    http://files.filefront.com//;7519519;/ (Cross fingers) Here is the fixed version!

Cheeseits

• donor3
    • ruby
    • fangamerHCP
    Going to test it now..

EDIT: So far so good! That error with the blank character after the explosion is gone.

Battling is awesome! Great choice of backrounds, and music!

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
    • starman
    Thanks for your super quick responses! Good luck!

Cheeseits

• donor3
    • ruby
    • fangamerHCP
    Oh snap, there is a little bug after i finish talking with Cid, it seems i cannot move after the conversations stops.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
    • starman
    Ah nuts... I see my error, I'll put the corrected-corrected version.

Cheeseits

• donor3
    • ruby
    • fangamerHCP
    Take your time, this game is awesome enough to wait.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
    • starman
    http://files.filefront.com//;7519519;/ BAAAAAAAAAAM! The wait is up, enjoy! Thanks for helping me find bugs!

Cheeseits

• donor3
    • ruby
    • fangamerHCP
    No problem! I hope this one works! ^_^

Cheeseits

• donor3
    • ruby
    • fangamerHCP
    Umm....some definate bugs..

1. You start right at Cid. (Not sure if this is a bug or not).
    2. Your name is Ness, instead of Axel.
    3. Once in battle, there is no battle graphic for your character.
    4. You can't hit the monster.
    5. The monster's kill you in one hit.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
    • starman
    Oh noes! I sent the beta version, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!! I'm careless, on to V4, later. You can fix it by copying the two save files the one that says ''Save1'' and ''save1.sav.'' to the beta folder, overwrite the saves in the folder and continue where you last left off from the previous version of my game. Please try that in the meantime.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
    • starman
    Next demo up on saturday morning! Get ready for more Pokemon/ EB akshuns!

sprite PianoMan547

1. Recently sequenced Pokemon song.

2. Not a Pokemon song, but you might wanna use this anyway.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
      • starman
      I'm back so sorry for the delays! School, work, Halo, Guitar Hero, Oblivion, and other things have gotten in the way, but now I am going to work hard until Brawl comes out. I'm working on a new demo, so it will be up soon maybe this weekend! Watch the demo to get the idea of what this is about, enjoy!

BOOOOOOOOOZWALLED

The Messiah of Earth

• fun
      • patrick
      • ayumi
      • dragon
      • boxes
      • artistorm
      • fortytwo
      • poe
      • Fanart of the Week
      • fanvatar2
      • ch1
      • starmansuper
      • artspot
      • fangamerHCP
      • ghostofstarman
      • foppy
      • sub
      • DINO RAMPAGE!
      • SMCon 2011
      • Radio PSI - 5 years
      • sexybeam
      Please be sure this time around to test it some before you release it -- the stuff that has happened on some of the other releases was pretty frustrating.

best of luck though -- I look forward to the next release.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
      • starman
      I"ll do my best, I"m constantly retesting over and over again now fromt he begining and doing it right this time.

sprite PianoMan547

All right! I'll test it.

Nice to see this game is back on its feet! So to speak.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
        • starman
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMlx-FcEi6Y battle system, no pokemon are in the game! This is for demo purposes.

sprite Stonecycle

Where do you download the UNREGITERED HYPERCAM thing? I hopw It could help me.
          THIS USER WAS SAND FOR THIS COAST.

sprite PsiHeroNess

• rcquality
          • starman
          I'm not sure i got it a LONG! time ago, i guess just search hyper cam? lol